Sunday, November 8, 2009

More quotes and little passages

Now I'm rocking; I have my quote book in my loft, so I don't have to run anywhere, and it's always here if I want to put some on this blog. :) This first 'quote' was given to me from my friend Tasha. I really like it.

I miss when...
Getting high meant swinging on the playground,
Protection meant wearing a helmet,
All you could get from boys were cooties,
Race issues were only who could run the fastest,
And war was only a card game.
Your worst enemies were your siblings,
Wearing a skirt didn't make you a slut,
And the only drug we knew was cough medicine,
Screwing up meant that we said the alphabet wrong,
The only thing that hurt us were scraped knees,
And goodbyes meant only until tomorrow.
We couldn't wait to grow up.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. -- Marilyn Monroe

Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game. (You caught me, it's from A Cinderella Story)

Those who gossip to you will gossip about you.

Don't throw dirt at people because all you're doing is losing ground.

Life is like a butterfly; so fragile and delicate, yet full of beauty. (haha, I made that a couple of years ago. I thought I was just so clever)

Separation is our sorrow, to meet again our hope.


Oh, I actually have a website that, if anyone ever reads this, should check out. Well, not a website, but from blogspot. It's called PostSecrets.  It's where people mail in their secrets to this guy. There is more information on the website, I believe, but some of the secrets are just amazing. It also help you discover the same secrets within yourself. Through reading it, it has gotten me to think about what secrets I have from everybody, secrets about my personality, and I've learned a couple. Here is an example of a PostSecret, a particularly touching one,  as well as the website. http://www.postsecret.blogspot.com/

0 comments: